When the Other Driver Has No Insurance. Uninsured Motorist Coverage.

So you've been in an accident, the other driver gives you their insurance information and tells you to make a claim and drives away. But you call that insurance company and they tell you it doesn't exist or has been cancelled. What do you do?

If you have full coverage then chances are you have "Uninsured Motorist Coverage", coverage when the other vehicle at fault has none. This will cover your property and injury claims. In some states (not Texas) it is even mandatory to have the coverage.

Your insurance should cover the damages but sometimes they don't and it can get very complicated. When that happens it falls under bad faith law.

If you have an issue with your insurance company with regards to UM coverage, prompt payment or bad faith call the Law Offices of Alex Hernandez Jr. We're here to help. 361.935.9055
Share To: