Austin Drug Crime Lawyer
Our Drug Crime Attorney Takes a Stand for the Accused! Call (888) 907-8994
Your future is uncertain if you have been arrested until you get professional representation from an experienced Austin criminal defense lawyer. At Alex R. Hernandez, Jr. PLLC, we have dedicated years of practice to criminal defense, providing much-needed protection to the accused. Our drug crime attorney wants to allow everyone who seeks our legal counsel a fair chance at justice, no matter the circumstances.
Why Choose Our Drug Crime Lawyers?
- We’ve delivered tireless representation since 2001
- Our lawyers are fluent in English and Spanish
- We offer potential clients a free consultation
- Our lead attorney has a perfect 10.0 Superb Avvo Rating
We are ready to discuss your possible defenses. Ask for your FREE consultation with our Austin criminal defense attorney today!
Our Drug Defense Lawyer Fights All Types of Drug Crime Criminal Charges
The severity of the penalties you might face if convicted may vary greatly depending on what sort of drug offense is in question. You can be arrested for a drug crime for one or more of the following reasons:
- Drug possession: Simply having an illicit substance on your person, home, or vehicle can constitute a drug possession offense in Texas.
- Drug use: If you are caught using an illegal drug or a prescription drug and intending to abuse it, you may be arrested. You may also be charged for use if blood tests reveal the substance in your system without the act of using it being witnessed by police.
- Drug distribution: Passing an illegal drug to another person or location can be considered a form of drug trafficking known as distribution.
- Drug sales: Selling an illicit substance for profit constitutes a severe drug crime. The profit does not necessarily have to be for monetary gain and can instead involve earning favors or bribery.
Penalties for convictions vary based on the type of drug, the amount, and even the location of the arrest. In addition to the more commonly recognized illegal drugs, drug crimes can also include substances that are otherwise legal but used illegally, such as vast quantities of prescribed medication.
Punishments if convicted of a drug crime can include:
- High fines – sometimes up to $10,000
- Jail time – ranging from one year to living behind bars
- Loss of employment
- Community service
- Permanent, public criminal record
- Registration on criminal offender lists
No matter the reasons behind your arrest, no one can take away your right to defend yourself in a court of law. At Alex R. Hernandez, Jr. PLLC, our Austin drug crime attorney fully understands our client's needs, and we are proud to say that we will represent those facing serious drug crime charges.
You deserve a fair chance, and we can help provide just that by fighting for a reduced or dismissed sentence. See what our dedication to our clients can achieve. Get over a decade of trial-tested experience behind your criminal defense!
Schedule a FREE case evaluation with our Austin criminal defense lawyer today.
Mr. Alex Jr. is one of the most passionate attorneys I have ever met, whose concern is mainly about the children. Not sure if ...- Child Custody
He got my case dismissed on a technicality - enough said.- Markus
Knowledgeable about civil procedure rules. I hired him to handle a complicated complex litigation case and he did an ...- Mike
Mr. Hernandez Jr was an excellent lawyer during my time of need. While dealing with a family matter, I contacted Mr. ...- Ryan
Where can I start? I have known Attorney Alex Hernandez since 2005. I have had the pleasure of having him represent me on ...- Elva Hernandez Philp
As a business owner in the community, occasionally I find it necessary to rely on advice of counsel. Contract law is often ...- Construction Client
I have known Mr. Hernandez Jr. for quite a few years and I have used him for family litigation. This man has done great ...- Justin
He is the most enthusiastic and informative lawyer I've ever met that took care of business. Alex is very friendly and ...- Chris